Buying equipment from Witcher Auctions
If you've never purchased at auction, this can be an intimidating process. Our goal is to make it as easy as possible.
Buying in person at one of our live events
1. All of our live auctions require that you register, in person and receive a bid card from us. This process only takes a couple minutes. We take your pertinent information (name, address, phone #, DL#, DOB) as well as any additional contact information and log it into our computer system. In addition to checking you in for that particular event, this allows us to send you information on other upcoming auctions. Our buyer's numbers are permanent, so once you have registered, that number is yours from now on! You will sign our buyer's contract, which is a simple set of terms for buying at our auctions.
2. Unlike other auction companies, we don't play games. When we get to an item you want to bid on, simply raise your hand, wink, nod or however you choose to bid, just make sure our auctioneers or ringmen can see you! Continue to bid until you either win the item or the price gets too high. We will never take your bid twice on purpose. If it happens by mistake, we will back up and make sure we have it right. We will not "jack" the bid on you. Some items in our open auctions have reserves and we are obligated to protect those reserves in such cases as needed, but as soon as the reserve is met we will say so and will never raise the price just because we can.
3. Once you're done buying, at any point during the auction, go to our office and our cashier's will provide you a list of your purchases, double check them for accuracy, then give you the total due. We gladly accept cash, personal and company checks, as well as Visa or MasterCard credit/debit cards. If you choose to pay by check, and don't have a history of buying from us, we ask that you bring a bank letter of guaranty assuring us that your check is good. This letter should be issued directly from your bank and presented to us when you pay out. If the auction event is on a weekend or bank holiday, please be sure to provide us your letter of guaranty in advance so that we can contact your bank to verify. If we have any suspicion about your check, we will hold your purchased items until we are able to contact your bank to verify the check. This protects us, our buyers and our sellers.
4. Once you have been given a receipt marked "paid in full," our crew will load your equipment as needed whether on sale day or on the days following the auction. Load-out is generally available for 1 -3 weeks after the auction event and our loaders will remain on-site through the posted dates. Please bring your paid receipt if you come back after the auction to pick up items! Our staff can't possibly remember who bought, or paid for, each item. This protects you as well by making sure someone else doesn't leave with YOUR items!
1. In order to purchase items through our online auctions, you will need to register with for the specific auction through one of our hosting companies.
Live simulcast auctions are hosted by Proxibid.com.
Online timed auctions are hosted by AuctionTime.com.
Registration only takes a few minutes. You will receive an email confirming your approval to bid. Please register for online bidding in advance of the auction date. If there are any issues, we want to make sure you are able to get approved and are ready to bid come auction time! Links are posted here on the site to take you to the appropriate registration pages for each of our auctions.
2. Once you have made your purchases online and the auction has ended, we will email you an invoice for your purchases. Make sure you enter a valid email address when you register! If you are tax exempt for resale or for farm use, please notify us immediately by emailing or calling so that we can get the proper documentation and adjust your invoice. Payment for online purchases should be by either cash or certified check in person at the auction site, or by wire transfer. We require payment for online purchases be made in full no later than 1 business day after the auction.
3. After your purchases are paid in full, the rest of the process is the same as buying on site. Once you have been given a receipt marked "paid in full," our crew will load your equipment as needed whether on sale day or on the days following the auction. Load-out is generally available for 1 -3 weeks after the auction event and our loaders will remain on-site through the posted dates. Please bring your paid receipt when you come to pick up items! Our staff can't possibly remember who bought, or paid for, each item. This protects you as well by making sure someone else doesn't leave with YOUR items!
Still have questions? Contact us today and we'll be happy to further explain the process to you!